10 MOST COMMON MOVIEMAKING MISTAKES
There are many pitfalls in the process of filmmaking. However, our experience is that there are a few that we see more often than any others. Below are the 'Terrible Ten' - the "Ten Most Common Moviemaking Mistakes". If you can avoid these, you will be well on your way to good solid filmmaking.
- Not using a tripod
- Putting your finger over the lens
- Filming in an area with undesirable background noise
- Not preparing a Storyboard before filming
- Not charging your battery before filming
- Not providing enough light - or - providing too much light
- Not preparing your actors before filming
- Trying to do too much with your film- especially too much emphasis on special effects
- Improper use of microphones - too close, too far away, wrong microphone for the job
- Not scouting locations before you begin shooting your film
Keep this list with you and review it before and during your filmmaking.